Originally posted 2nd November 2012
It has been a while since I last blogged, but not been without reason; earlier this year, I started teaching myself how to design websites (having previously dabbled with html).
Writing prose was replaced with writing code and this website (www.simon-levy.co.uk) is the latest stage of that. This also means the blog has moved from its former web address.
The site has been written from scratch. By me. In notepad*. Everything contained within it is my own, and is currently a ‘work in progress’. There are some aspects that I like and others that I don’t like. I have uploaded some bits to establish if I like them, and others to demonstrate that I don’t like them. Have a look around and let me know what you think**. Test things to see if they work, or try to ‘break’ them and demonstrate that they don’t.
Some features include:
- Contact form (hopefully with spam filters)
- Customised error pages (e.g. for going to a wrong page)
- Different experience based on the device or screen/window size you are using (e.g. mobile/tablet)
- Race time predictor and mile split calculator (particularly for runners)
- Galleries (with scrolling and navigation features)
- Blog integration (although I hope to improve this so that the styling closer fits that of the remainder of the site)
At present, the site doesn’t ‘do anything’ in particular. This may change as it develops. I hope you like it.
*Everything except for the WordPress installation of the new blog pages
**It would be appreciated if you can let me know if you like what you see and/or how you think it could be improved